Wednesday 20 July 2011

the line addict...

My of my... you are going to be jealous of my night last night.
do you sense a touch of... sarcasm:)

As some of you know... I AM A CLOTHES LINE ADDICT... But I am okay with it ! I hate the dryer (except to 'fluff' after my clothes are dry.) As soon as the weather is somewhat warm, my clothes are out on the line. I let the piles build and watch the weather to see when its not supposed to rain...  and on sunny days I actually look for things to wash...psycho I know..(Should I really be confessing this? Confession is the first step to healing... right ?:)?)

Hey... I got our power bill down to $77 for 2 months last summer... well worth the work!  Anyway, last night, I seriously  contemplated quitting that practice.

Greg got home about 11:30 and I went to bed while he was showering. At about 12:00, while I was reading the news... I jumped out of bed so fast because I swear I got pinched so hard under my arm but had no idea why. I checked it out in the mirror and saw a bite staring to grow... so I SLOWLY pulled back the sheets to see what "tried to eat me", as Kaela would say. And there sat an EVIL wasp ...I threw the sheets back over it and ran and got Greg. Super womanly I know. Hey... guys like when you need them, right?!

He came up  thinking I was dying and took care of it... then he began MOCKING me when I made him take EVERY sheet off the bed, every pillow... then of course I had to go and check the kids sheets to make sure they were OK. Ha. Cause ya know... if there is a wasp in my bed, there surly would be a wasp in theirs too!!:P 

By the time I finally got into bed, Greg was pretending to be stung and let me tell you... the humor was LONG over. I told him to roll over, while I laid in bed with my eyes wide open and no sheets on cause I felt bugs crawling ALL over me! Gr... the power of the mind! ha. And I pretty much saved his life anyway.... cause I was on HIS SIDE OF THE BED when Mr. evil got me. So you are welcome, hun!

Don't worry guys... I got up today and did another load of laundry on this GORGEOUS summer day and hung it out like a faithful line addict!:)
No wasp is going to bring me down! haha!

So I cut the lawn this morning... and my neighbours too! That whole second mile principle I tell ya. The funny thing is... as I was cutting it I was laughing that its pretty easy to go the second mile when grass is long and ugly and uncared for! (another slight addiction).

Anywhoo... off to the wonderful boiling hot province of Ontario tomorrow. Home away from home! Gonna be great! Kaela is insisting that its two sleeps away still... Whatever.

still singing:)

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you all!! And can I just say I am an addict too, I have had a bug but never a wasp oh my I would have freaked out!! Love ya girl see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, so this definitely made me laugh! I see your story telling skills are the same, if not better! Sorry about the wasp bite/sting...that stinks! I so would have been checking the kids sheets too though, it's only logical. Haha! Ontario doesn't come with wasps in the sheets, so you'll be safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confession time...I am the same way with hanging clothes out when it's sunny. I am disappointed when there's nothing to wash. A few times I even had clothes freeze on the line when we lived on the hawk- I was impatient for warm weather, but I had seen the SUN, so out they went! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Malta, there are NO dryers to be had, so I HAVE to hang my clothes up! Problem is that there is only a drying rack; so when I wash the sheets I have to try to prop them up with chairs, etc. Last week they blew over the railing and onto the ground getting ALL dirty AGAIN. I had to stand outside and hold the rest of the sheets down until they were dry:) Luckily things dry extremely fast here because it's so warm.....

    ReplyDelete