Monday 4 July 2011

here we go again....

Its been a LONG time since I have sat down to write. tooooooooooooo long. Not because I feel like I have anything that anyone needs to hear... but because writing encourages ME and helps me to focus on the great blessings that God has given me and my family.


So whats new. Well.... once there was ONE little Little... and now there are TWO!

Levi Gregory came to join our family RIGHT ON TIME for his daddy... April 25th, 2011 at 3:30 pm. 7lbs 12oz... 20.5 inches long. SHOCKED to see blue in my home but LOVING every moment. He truly is a gift from God... such an easy baby. I never knew babies could be so good. His "sissy", as she calls herself, loves him one minute and could care less about him the next. Overall she is a great helper for me when it comes to her brother. Let's just say Levi never lacks kisses!

Makaela Collen is now two and a half in age and 5 in maturity. Its scary really.
 She is a true "tom boy" like her mommy. She chooses to wear a dress to go play ball outside. That's my girl (well... besides the choosing to wear a dress!)  We are in the middle of potty training.... which I can pretty much guarantee you will hear a lot about because it CONTROLS my life. (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!) So how's it going you ask. Let's just say... today I walked into the bathroom to find Makaela taking her "poop" out of her underwear and putting it into the pottie while joyfully proclaiming that she had "POOPED IN THE POTTIE!". I proceeded to hit my head against the wall... and then turned my head and walked out of the room. Dont worry... I came back when I was in a better frame of mind!!
"Kaea" is an intelligent and independent little girl who LOVES her aunts and uncles and grandparents with all of her heart. Greg says she's like me.... YIKES. Hopefully she grows out of it!

My handsome hubby is now assistant pastor for Sackville Independent and still works at Regional Residential. The church is without a senior pastor right now... so Greg's been asked to lead. It's been so neat to see Greg grow in the ministry and give himself fully to doing what God has called him to do. He is a very busy man... but let's not kid ourselves... there is still time for his JAYS! He is lucky I like them.

As for me... I have adapted to life as a mommy of two (and LOVING it)... and am adapting to life as a  "pastor's wife".  We have witnessed God's power and protection in such amazing ways these past couple of months. The burden for the people just increases as we go along. I'm so thankful for such an amazing church to serve WITH.  I must admit the time sacrifice with Greg being gone almost every night is what I struggle with the most. However, God is teaching me that my gift of service to God is allowing Greg to fulfill his role..and being his "helper" along the way. Every once in awhile I need some reminding... but hey, I'm growing too!
So that's us.... for now! Off to bed I go... where hopefully I will stay until 8 tomorrow morning. Ha.... a girl can dream eh!! 

1 comment: