Wednesday 6 July 2011

the eve of the wedding anni!

i LOVE remembering.
Looking back on what has been. Things that made me smile, or cry, or laugh... any of it... well, mostly.:) Certain things... like crashing my friends truck or the pain of leaving home I choose not to dwell on for long, but they still are apart of my "journey".  

Today I have been constantly thinking back to the night before my (our) wedding day. So much anticipation. If I only knew then what I know now. hahahaha! just kidding!

I remember going out to aunt Wendy's  to put the finishing touches on my fairytale tent reception... then feeling the sense of accomplishment that all the planning came together... but then realizing on the way home to get ready for the rehearsal that I FORGOT MY WEDDING DRESS at the store. I mean really. WHO forgets their wedding dress. Tears just ran down my face as I realized I had remembered everything... except the thing that I kinda really needed. So 15 min before the store was CLOSED for the weekend... my amazing moma called the store and begged them to stay open for a half hour longer so that she could pick it up. Oh my. PANIC city I tell ya. But as you can tell by the pictures... I got my dress! :P Really though... what would I have done. Broken into the store??? Worn my pj's. Yep. I would have thrown my hands up in the air and shocked everyone by coming around that corner in my cutest pj's! :) Hey, no one would have ever forgotten my wedding day! Good thing every thing worked out, eh :)!

So tonight I remember the night before... tomorrow will be YEAR 4. WOW. It's hard not to talk about tomorrows memories today! But I will not! 

A few more memories...  julie bringing jacob with a mohawk to the rehearsal to tease me ... and give me a heartattack!!! The bbq at my house (parents house I guess)... I always LOVE having people over to mom and dad's. Saying goodnight to Greg for the last time... (in the sense that I never had to have my heart drop cause he had to go home ever again!).  and then sleeping on the floor in the living room with Sarah and Julie. Wow. on the floor. Really guys! :) 

LOVE EVERY MOMENT of remembering. AMAZING time in my life. and I love him more today then I did then. (gag I know... but its the truth!)

going to bed much earlier tonight then I did that night.... hey! things change :P

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! That's a memory to remember.....my stomach dropped just reading this! Glad it all worked out! Although I am sure you would have looked great in pjs!!!! :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how I remember the moment we discovered you didn't have your dress...the running around...the panic....and of course who was the only one late for the wedding rehearsal....ME!!!! it was worth it...you looked amazing...Dad and I were just talking about that tonite how 4 years ago we were planning for that day...so many great things have happened in the last 4 years...two of which are 2 fabulous grandchildren.....so many blessings in store....enjoy your day...love ya...Momma

    ReplyDelete