Saturday 9 July 2011

just the two of us...

Today in a glimpse...
The coos of a two month old baby......
and my two and a half year old FINALLY went poop on the pottie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS ME JUMPING UP AND DOWN AND UP AND DOWN AND uP anD DOWN!!!!!! :)

I said that I would not blog about this but how can I not!!!!!!! ( don't worry! I don't have pictures!!! :P ) Kaela has been so nervous about it. If you know my girl, you know that she has to think through everything. Enough said! We conquered it today!!! Hey--- the LITTLE things are the important things, right ?? :)

Today was a rainy Saturday (which I actually LOVED). I was able to get out and go to costco... without the kids or the hubby. I don't often get to do that. Mostly because Greg and I actually enjoy doing things together so when we are both home, we go out together. Who would have thought, eh :)! Also, I don't have a car during the day so... we pretty much always go anywhere together. As much as we love being together, there is a time and place for alone time. I have learned that! However,  I almost feel guilty when I leave the family behind to go and get some things done and just get out of the house... but I know it is healthy. (for them and for me!)

 Greg and I had the opportunity to go out for our anniversary! Nan and Bop took both the kids for the night. YIKES for mommy. Daddy was like, "FREEDOM" :)  I had not even left Levi at all up until this point, unless you count Sunday Services, so an overnight was a big deal for my little heart. Greg and I took the kids over around 4, and when we left I was about ready to turn around because I am so used to life with them. Its funny how quickly you forget how to just be with each other. We are always together... but the kids are always with us and conversation does not get much deeper than "functional" on a daily basis. (which in my opinion is completely normal.) So when we didn't have to tell Makaela to look out the window, or put Levi's soother in... I was a tiny bit confused! Don't get me wrong, this was only confusing for about 2 min! Then we were just us again! We did things that we loved to do. Talked about work, church, us... and tried not to talk about the kids too much. Though I wont lie, they did come up. How could they not:)

We all know that a couple is the main structure in the family, besides each individuals relationship with God of course. Too often I think we don't nurture the main relationship because we are doing our best dealing with all of the other relationships in our lives; all of which are VERY important. However, Greg and I saw very clearly the need for us to set ourselves apart in order to strengthen our relationship beyond what we have on a daily basis. Going out just the two of us helped us remember why we not only love each other, but why we like each other too! We plan to make it a regular occurrence, not just at anniversary time! We shall see next year if we stuck to the plan :)

Well, I'm excited for church tomorrow!!!
As Kaela prayed to night, "I pray God my tongue be kind and I be obedient at church"! ha! me too Kaela, me too!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for going poop in the potty!! And I can totally relate to realizing you need "just the two of us" time, especially in ministry! Scott took me out on a date last night and my Mum kept Lucy. It was so refreshing, what a blessing! You're brave to leave your two month old though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok now I figured out how to comment, I have now commented 4 times on your blog and have erased it when I could not figure out how to post it, so let me just say this I am encouraged every time I read your blog, and it makes me feel like we are not as far away from each other as we are!! I miss you so much and keep doing what your doing!

    ReplyDelete