Monday 29 August 2011

you're lucky i love you...

Well, it's Monday. Greg is at pulpit committee... and I just sat down hoping I do not have to get up for a little bit. Scratch that. Kaela is crying... again. (why do children become "afraid" of the dark...???) Just a water call. Amazing how thirsty a child can get when they get into bed. :P

Take two. 

We survived Irene... the house is all in tact! Thankfully, Quebec got its goodness and not us. I asked Greg when the winds started up last night if we could move somewhere that I would not have to think about hurricanes and wind ... and he said, "where is that". "Manitoba???" He said, "good night, Amanda". Ha! I took that as a no!

And so he rolled over and went to sleep while I laid in bed praying the trees off of our house... literally! I kept thinking one of the trees was going to fall right on our bedroom... and of course then I was thinking what would the kids do and who would find them... and... minds are wonderful, twisted things! So I just prayed until I finally fell asleep... then WHAaaaaaaaaaaa... Levi.  Then WHAAAA... Kael. Had to sleep in Kael's bed cause the power went out and the wind was scaring her. (ME TOO!) She fell asleep and I snuck out an hour later and STOMPED  tip-toed back into my bed. Greg still snoring. (angry face). Then  a half hour later...Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... Levi. (11,4 and 6, and 7. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Wake up at 8... thankfully to a daughter who just wanted to cuddle! I can handle that! 

Text Greg and said, "You are lucky I love you."
He said, "Why, did you have to get up last night."
  (MOUTH DROPS IN SHOCK)
Only 18 times while you rolled over and took my spot in bed EVERY time
I got up my darling husband. MEN! :)
He proceeded to tell me he did not hear a thing.
Never knew the power went out.
Or that either child was up.
I'll make sure that never happens again.  :)

What Jeremy said in his message a few weeks back is so true. If the rolls were reversed I NEVER would have heard the end of how bad his night was ...God knew what He was doing when he made us their help meet... I need a help meet sometimes! MOM!!! :)

:) So I decided today was a FANTASTIC day to put my sheets and duvet and anything else I could find out on the line. I had to use a TON of clips cause the wind was VERY strong! ha. Hey, they were dry very quickly!:)

When Greg got home we went for a walk around First Lake. My fav. Nova Scotia truly is a beautiful province. God is good.

So now... laundry washed, folded AND put away (I don't like that part).  Beds all made and kids in bed. Greg out.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Jen??? :P 

Time to go read.
Tummy is growling.
Ignore. Again.
night:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment