Wednesday 24 August 2011

never again...

I will NEVER again speak of the success I am having with Kaela and the pottie.
EVERY time I do... I end up with a day like today.
 NEVER, EVER, EVER!
sigh.

Greg and I took the "kidzzzz" (ha, still sounds funny), to the Halifax waterfront today and walked from one end to the other. Then we decided to be the best parents ever and take her on a boat ride!! Yep, that's right! BEST parents ever. Thank you Halifax/Dartmouth Ferry! :P She was BEYOND excited and it cost us $5.00! Greg sat with her on the top on the way over... me on the way back. I love seeing her experience new things. When we got to the Dartmouth side, we walked a couple of blocks to the Christian Book Store. We never walk out without a few new great books. This time we got a Keys for Kids family devotional, and a spiritual parenting book by Spurgeon. Kael got a book on manners (wink wink) and one on Queen Esther! Then we took the ferry back and headed home. And yes, even Kael slept in the car on the way home. Shocking!

I have started to read the Spurgeon book. Interesting. It made me stop and think about the kids in our church that sit up during the morning service. He was writing as a pastor and said that if there is not something in your message that children can understand and walk away with, then you have missed the heart of God. It's so true. Jesus loved/loves the children. We say it, but do we believe it? He stopped everything to take time to teach them. We serve a God that cares about the LITTLEst things :) Praise the Lord!

I am just so thankful for my family. LOVE them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment