Wednesday 21 September 2011

...green dress and booties!

sooooooooooooooo.....
Greg had surgery on his foot yesterday
and today I am thankful for all he does in our home.

It's easy to take for granted all of the things that your spouse  does... and today I REALLY noticed it. I am used to having the two kids all day, but I always know that daddy is coming home and that I will have a few moments to breathe before I begin the night "routines". Kael and I always anticipates daddy's arrival... no one plays better than daddy.  So... I got to do it ALL today... and for the next few weeks! Let's hope I can keep my perspective right :) By the grace of God I will not kill anyone... and remain thankful :)

Greg and I had A LOT of laughs in the waiting area yesterday. We had to be to the hospital by 9 am but his surgery was not scheduled until 12:30. So to say the least... we needed something to occupy us, and laughing was fun. Besides... how could I not laugh at with my husband sitting beside me in a pretty green DRESS and BOOTIES! I tried to get a picture but he caught me every single time and I got "beat" every time so I have no proof. :( But it's true. It will serve as a funny visual for years to come! (side note... NOT flattering on anyone! :) )

We have been joking about him "milking" the fact that he cannot do anything for weeks now .. and  yesterday he suggested I get him a bell claiming it would make my life easier. Well, I wont tell you where I told him the bell would end up the first time he rang it... ! I told him it would be detrimental to his health to say the least.  All of my so called friends have come up with other "noises" to help... but really they are just diggin him a grave... :) . We'll keep it at "hun"... it works!

I was up with Levi at 2 so I decided I needed to check on Greg. (He slept on the couch downstairs (his "man cave" as he calls it)... don't gasp. If I hit his leg in bed I would have been killed. Not worth the cuddles :P ) Anyway, I kept thinking "what if he is hallucinating and thinks I am a stranger and beats me up when I go downstairs". Real conversation in my head. I had to convince myself that I could handle him if he came at me ... hahahahahaha! You should have seen me walk down the stairs. First I tip toed around the corner... listened for breathing and then proceeded to inch my way closer. He did not have any blankets on... so I got him the one on the floor and picked it up  ready to run for it if he came at me. I seriously was terrified. Hey... ya hear all these crazy stories of people of drugs... and he was on some powerful drugs.  I could lie and say he came at me and I took him down....i could have... I know I could have!. Don't worry... nothing happened :) Poor ending to a great story. I bet he tries to scare me tonight. Would be hillarious...but he knows it would not be worth his while as he would have a pretty rough day tomorrow when I did nothing for him :P At least I have leverage:)

Anywhoo....

exhausted.
Bed.
Please.
Don't look at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment